Coming Soon Magazine's Chat Area|
Powered by JavaChat's Spaniel Software
Click on image to visit
Our chat rooms are availble to anyone who has a java compatible web browser.
We are not responsible for any of the activity that takes place within the chat
rooms. Use common sense when chatting with other people.
Rooms 0-499 are public and should be used for open discussion forums. Rooms 500 to 999 can
be "locked" and should be used for private conversions, where access needs to be
Some Things You Should Know
- This application runs on 32-bit systems only (i.e., Windows 95 & Win NT).
- To post a message in a room, type the message and hit the Send Message button (or press
Return in the message text field).
- To send a private message (one that only the intended recipient can read), click
their name in the Who's In The Room list (this enables the Private Message button). Type
the message as
usual and then hit the Private Message button.
- To change rooms, enter a room number (0 to 999) in the Room field (in the bottom right
and hit the Move To New Room button. Alternatively, you can enter special rooms by choosing
of those displayed in the Themed Rooms menu.
- Rooms 500-999 can be locked to prevent others from seeing your conversation. Hit the
Room button to do this. A Room Status of "Public" means that the room cannot be locked.
- Spaniel Chat stores the last 500 messages entered for the entire system. Whenever you
enter a room, a maximum of the last ten messages for the room are displayed. Messages sent
the room is locked are
not recorded. Once you leave a locked room, you will not be able to see the messages there
- To find out where other users are, hit the Find People In Other Rooms button. This
tells you the location
of all users except those in locked rooms.
Have Fun and Happy Chatting!
All content Copyright © 1994-1999 Coming Soon Magazine, Inc. All